10/10/2013

Christmas Knitting + FO

Hello Everyone!
I recently finished my first Christmas Present of the year - a Honey Cowl for my 16 year old cousin.  I know it's a bit early to be thinking about knitting presents for the holidays, but, since I failed to complete all of the Christmas gifts on time last year, I am very determined to not let history repeat itself!


I used Madelinetosh DK for this project, and I only have a few yards left.  It was a pleasure to work with, the plies never split, and the colors are just to pretty to be true.  It seems like all Madelinetosh yarns come in beautiful color ways... I guess that's why I've been knitting with it so much :)  I'll be doing a full review on this yarn soon.


You may remember when I knit a Honey Cowl for my mom, but I used a magenta double held fingering weight yarn instead.  Well, this time I actually used the yarn the pattern called for, and I like the result much more.



I'm so happy to already have my first Christmas gift off the needles!  Are any of you busy Christmas knitting? When do you usually start knitting for the holidays?  What are your tips for getting those presents done on time?  Let me know! :-)


Have a great day!

Emily

P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway! :)


3 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start! That's a lovely cowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too early for Christmas knitting actually very smart! Love the honey cowl and I think that you have convinced me to try Madelinetosh yarn sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever clever. I would say you were miles and miles ahead of the rest of us! I just finished a sweater in Tosh DK... love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)