6/01/2013

It's Called Organization!

Hello Everyone!
Today I did some "end-of-spring" cleaning.  I reorganized my stash, found a nifty and quite artistic way to store my knitting needle interchangeable tips/crochet hooks, and just polished up my room because A. My room was messy.  and  B. A friend and her family are coming over to my house tomorrow and C. I was getting tired of having my yarn and needles take over my room. :)  So I would like to show my End-of-Spring cleaning progress later in the post, but I have some stash updates to share with you.


If you remember 2 posts ago I talked about how I went to an alpaca farm.  Well, not only did I get to see the cutest alpacas ever, but I also got to pick up 7.5 ounces of their luxuriously soft fiber!  I'm hoping to spin this fiber up and try dying, since the fiber is a natural color.

Also, over the weekend I bought 3 skeins of yarn at two of my favorite local yarn stores.  On the left is a beautiful skein of Madelinetosh Merino DK; in a cloudy mix of purples, blues, grays, and aquas.  I'm hoping to make a Pressed Leaves beret out of it this summer.  The other two balls of yarn are Quince and Co. finch.  I love the pretty shades of blue and the simple texture of the yarn.  It's 100 % wool, but not scratchy at all.  I'm going to make a Daybreak Shawl out of them!

 I want to show you some things I accomplished during my insane organizing day.  I found a really convenient and artistic way to store my needles and hooks!  Ta-daaa!


A few months ago my dad made me a little "pencil organizer" for my artist pencils.  However, I didn't really use it.  I preferred to have my pencils in a little pencil can.  So the organizer was left empty for a while.  But I came up with a genius (not really) idea to put my pencil tips and crochet hooks into the organizer and display them like some sort of "decorative art thingie...


I also organized my cheap needles.  Since I have my nice nickel plated needles, I don't really use my cheap needles...unless I have to.  But, they need a place to stay until I need to knit with them.  I also put some assorted mini skeins on my knitting table so that I can be prepared incase I have a need-to-knit-a-hexipuff moment.


And to keep my interchangeable cables tidy and untangled, I pinned them on my wall!


I even gathered up all my knitting notions and put them in a little bin so they don't get lost and spread out all over the place.


My favorite little notion is my baby turtle tape measure.  I think the design is really cool and it is just so adorable!


I think the turtle believes that my drop spindle is a carousel or something.  It's a very interesting turtle, indeed. ;)


And here's a pretty awesome (in my opinion) picture of my blow glass ball.  Doesn't it look like the ocean on a sunny day?  By the way, I made it! :)


Stay tuned for a WIP post on Wednesday!  I wanted to post about my WIPs today, but this post is already really loooonnnng.  So I'm saving the knitty goodness for this Wednesday.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Emily

5 comments:

  1. Now you've made me want to clean up my room, hold on now the urge is gone again lol. It does feel good when everything is in order :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! I love organizing my needles and hooks! Your little turtle is adorable! :) and that blown glass ball, how did you do that? I loooove it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea for your needles.....the turtle is just too cute! Looking forward to your WIPs on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I forgot to mention how beautiful your hand blown glass ball is, and am wondering how large it actually is. Where did you make it Em?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! The glass ball can be comfortably held in 2 hands. I made it at a place in Oregon called "Live Laugh Love Glass" :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)