5/12/2013

Back in the Groove!

Sometimes, all it takes to get back into knitting is to start a new, quick, and interesting project.  I learned this while working on the latest project, Zuzu's Petals.

I've been having a really hard time being excited about knitting.  I think this is because I haven't been knitting very interesting project.  My Owl Sweater, Owl Toy, and hexipuffs are all knit in the same old stockinette stitch, and I must say that stockinette is possibly the most boring stitch to knit.  Knitting straight stockinette projects has made feel less pumped about knitting and I've been procrastinating a ton.  So, to motivate myself, I started a brand new and fresh project to keep me interested.


I am loving this project so far!  It's a cowl, but looks like a shawlette.  There are a handfuls of yarn-overs here and there in the pattern, so it keeps me interested.  I'm about half way done with it, and I am going to wear it to school tomorrow or one Tuesday. :)


This pattern is surprisingly very easy to understand.  I didn't have to look up tutorials on YouTube on how to knit certain stitches and most of the techniques used in the project are ones I already know.  Even though it's an easy knit for me, I am really enjoying it and I highly recommend it!

The yarn knits up nicely, and I love watching the subtle color changes form.  The light blue flecks in the fabric look so awesome.

I will be posting again once I finish my shawlette cowl!

Emily



4 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    Very interesting pattern and pretty colors. Looking forward to seeing it complete. The weather has cooled down just in time for you to wear it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What yarn are you using? It's beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I want to make that!! that looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)