3/03/2013

The Rose City Yarn Crawl

Hi,
Well, the yarn crawl has ended and it's time to share with you all the fiber and yarn I purchased!  The crawl was tons of fun, I went with my friend Hasol and we had a great time drooling over gorgeous skeins of yarn and roving, along with having a knitastic and hexipuffy sleepover.  This weekend has be fantastic, and I will always remember this.

Now- the pictures!  These photos are from the shops we went to and the yarn I bought.  I will tell you about each day one at a time and the shops we went to on that specific day.  Let me show you the eye candy!!

Day 1: Dublin Bay Knitting Co. , Knit Purl, Pearl Fiber Arts, and Angelika's Yarn Store

On Day #1 of the Rose City Yarn Crawl we went to a total of 4 shops.  Each one was unique, and had different things to offer.

The first shop was the Dublin Bay Knitting Company, I didn't buy anything at this shop, but I took a picture of their sign.



Next, we walked over to Knit Purl; one of my favorite yarn shops that I have been to.  I bought 2 skeins of Shibui Knits Staccato in color ways Twin Set and Beach Ball.


Shibui Knits Twin Set


Shibui Knits Beach Ball

After that we went to Pearl Fiber Arts.  It's a nice shop, but there seems to be more fiber than yarn- not saying that fiber is a bad thing!  I bought some merino fiber there.


And finally, we ended day one by going to Angelika's Yarn Store.  There I bought cascade 220 super wash in a nice black color.  I will be knitting my awesome dad a hat with this yarn!



Day 2: Knitting Bee and For Yarn's Sake

Day 2 was not as busy than Day 1, we only went to 2 stores.  However, I found a new favorite yarn!

First we went to the Knitting Bee, a small but very nice shop.  They had lots of yarn and kind staff, and I picked up a skein of Malabrigo Sock.  I am planning on knitting my best friend's mom a hat, she has cancer and may have to go through chemotherapy.  :'(  


Then we went to For Yarn's Sake!  Oh, I love that store and it's right by my school!  I bought another skein of Malabrigo Sock.


Day 3: Twisted, Gossamer, Happy Knits, Close Knit, Naked Sheep Knits Shop

Day 3 was the best!  We went to my favorite shops and I bought tons of really nice yarn (Madelinetosh!).

At Twisted (my 2nd favorite shop)  I bought Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in color way Henpecked.  This is one of my favorite types of yarn.


And then we went to Happy Knits!  I got lots of Madelinetosh.  Happy knits is my new favorite yarn shop, it's so big with lots of choices.



And finally, I bought a skein of Cascade Superwash Chunky.  I am going to knit my mom a cowl with this yarn.


Overall, the yarn crawl was really fun, and I got some awesome yarn that I can't wait to knit with.  Some of the shops I was unimpressed with, but I did like most of them. :)

~ Emily

4 comments:

  1. OOOH I'm so jealous!! The yarn you got is awesome!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Southern Oregon and only found out about the yarn crawl a few weeks before (too soon to plan a trip with a toddler). I hope I can make it there next year! Love your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notice the extras in the background above and below, their fur accents will be
    featured on Michael Kors Bags' runway.

    Here is my homepage: Michael Kors Purse

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)