3/30/2013

FOs: Melissa's Hat & River Run Mitts

Hi Everyone,
I have two finished objects that I forgot to post about: Melissa's Hat and River Run Mitts.  I actually cast off both of these projects on March 27, so they've been done for some time.  Here is the eye candy!


I am super happy with how this hat turned out.  I used the pattern Button Tab Hat by Marcie Nishioka.   The only thing that I dislike about how the hat turned out is how small it is in terms of how tall it is, I feel like it is a bit too tiny, but oh well!  Other then that I am very pleased.


My absolute favorite part about this blue hat is the buttons.  Aren't they beautiful?  I like the dark brown edges and the pale blue middle.  It's nice how they make the hat have an organic feel.  I can't wait to send this to Melissa!


The next FO for today is a pair of "River Run Mitts", a design of my own.  They were a really quick and easy design project.  I got my inspiration from ski run I went down called River Run.  It was a gentle, winding run which the cable on these mitts resembles.


They fit really well with simple increases for the thumb/palm, and I will hopefully be typing up the pattern and publishing it. :)

Also- tomorrow the winner of the March Giveaway will be announced!  Make sure to enter if you haven't already!

~ Emily ~

4 comments:

  1. Cute hat! I'm sure Melissa will be so happy to have it! The mitts are adorable-can't wait to see them as a pattern!

    Happy knitting,
    Hasol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shade of blue for that beanie... It's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Emily. You sure have been busy. Your hat is very pretty with those special buttons.
    I wonder if I would be able to do those hand mitts....really like your pattern.
    Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)