1/14/2013

Happy Post!

Hi,
This post is going to be a long (but happy) one, so prepare yourself.  Today I have a lot to share with you, but first I'd like to make a note on the new banner!  How do you like it?  I think it looks better than the old one, but I'm still working on making everything a bit more crisp and defined.  Hopefully I can fix the banner to my satisfaction, but it will take time.  However, I'm quite pleased with the results!

Next topic: Owl Always Love You - swatch.  I finished it, and frogged it to save yarn, but before I ripped it out I took a picture of it, just for the sake of memories!  Here's what it looked like - I know, it's amazing. ;)


I am also designing something right now, it's for the Designers Challenge group January contest.  I am loving everything about the requirements and the theme, they are so simple and easy to get creative with.  Here are the requirements:

- theme: light
- object: bag
- technique: sewing/seaming

Now, I bring you a sneak peak of my design to be!  I won't tell you much about it yet, since I'm still in the very beginning of the design.



Also, today I received 2 "yarnful" packages.  Here are some fibery items that I received.  I love them!!!!


Here are 2 skeins of mango moon pastiche!  Such great texture and colors, I can't wait to knit with it.


Silk yarn!  I have never worked with silk before and I am excited to use this colorful, beautiful yarn.


Handspun and dyed!  So gorgeous, with my favorite colors!  I really like the orange and yellow flecks hidden in the fiber; it adds a touch of playfulness to this lovely yarn.


And last but certainly not least, Louisa Harding Thistle!  I really like the feel of this yarn and the deep, earthy color.  Looking forward to designing something with this.

The next step for my Owl Always Love You sweater is to test knit an owl cable, I can't wait to create my very first Owlet!


Emily           




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcomed :)