4/03/2013

WIP Wednesday: Windschief

Hello!
This week has been a very busy week.  The track season just kicked off and soccer practices/games are back after a nice, long spring break.  I haven't had much time to knit from Monday to today, but I have some progress on a new project to share that I worked on over the weekend.

I eagerly cast on for Windschief, a hat pattern by the great designer Stephen West.  It uses twisted stitches to create a curved rib that travels up the hat.  After buying this pattern I just had to look around Stephen's pattern shop and I was stunned by the colorful shawls and original designs.  Here is a recent photo of my progress!

 
I'm knitting this Windschief hat for my dad, who has been patiently waiting for me to knit him another black hat.  It's nice knitting things for people you care about. :)


Here is a more "close up" picture of the twisted ribbing.  I love how it gently curves around the hat.

Emily

2 comments:

  1. Ooh!!!! I've been wanting to make this beanie. I'm a huge fan of WestKnits too

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, the rib really makes it a beautiful hat. Well done, Emily!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)