4/20/2013

Thinking Ahead

Hi,
This week has been a very busy week for me, and I haven't been able to knit as much as I would like to, mainly because of sports and 2 speeches that I have to give this month.  My main project this week was my Beekeeper's Quilt, and I knit approximately half a hexipuff a day, since that was all I had time for.  I will be posting pictures of the finished hexipuffs once I reach 50, and there will be a celebration post. :)

Not being able to knit as much really bothers me.  I feel so uncreative when I can't craft very much during the day, and it makes me kinda cranky.  It's really weird how activities that I love (soccer and track) are taking away from other activities that I love (blogging, knitting, spinning, photography ect.)  But I can see summer rolling in, and that makes me happy because of all the precious time that summer provides - time for knitting, photography, friends, and other wonderful things.

So, in preparation for the summertime, I have created a "To-do List" of all the patterns I want to knit, and some goals I have for this summer.



1. Daybreak by Stephen West
 Daybreak is a shawl that I have been wanting to knit for a very long time.  I love it's elegant shape the the great use of stripes on the stockinette stitch.  I can't wait to knit this one this summer!

2. Get to the 100 Hexipuffs milestone!
 It would be so nice to finish knitting ONE HUNDRED hexipuffs!  When I reach 100, I will have a little party with my dog and we will eat hexipuff shaped cookies all day long.  Oh how I love to fantasize!

3.  Design some more patterns!

4. Clockwork by Stephen West

That's all...for now ;)
Also, Knitting and Crochet Blog Week starts on Monday, get ready for a week filled with posts!  I finished pre-writing mine. :)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I get to busy to knit, but knitting is my outlet. Bad things can happen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is always so much to do and much of the time it means that things get put on the back burner for a while. But, when we do get to enjoy those special things again how much sweeter it is for the wait and many times we bring something more to the activity than we would have if we weren't forced to put it aside for a while. Glad that you are having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)