4/22/2013

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week - Day 1


Hi,
Hooray!  This is post is the first one of seven very fun and interesting posts for the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2013!  This is my first

Day One (Monday April 22nd): The House Cup.
A bit like Harry Potter, but not quite, this year’s Knitting & Crochet Blog Week is split into 4 houses. Don your favourite knitted or crocheted hat and let it guide you to which house you will be in.



The House of Bee: Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright and shiny things capture their interest.


The House of Manatee: Manatees are gentle, calm and cuddly. Relaxed and unflashy they represent the comfort and soft side of knitting and crochet.

The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.


The House of Peacock: Peacocks take something good and make it brilliant. Buttons, embellishments and a bit of sparkle prove that perfection lies in the details – like a Peacock's Tail.
So choose your house. You may be a combination of more than one of these noble beasts, but think about which house best embodies your qualities and declare your place. You can use one of the graphics above to display your house crest, if you like (though this is totally optional).

Post about your crafting outlook/style and why you chose this house. The descriptions have been purposefully written to seem quite vague, but that's really because they are only the merest starting point to prompt bloggers to write about in which ways they identify themselves within their craft(s).

Don't forget to drop by Eskimimi Makes later in the week and vote for which house you chose so we can see which houses crocheters and knitters most identified with.

You could of course decide that you are so unlike any of these creatures in your style of crafting that you set up a rival faction and adopt your own house, though whether you get invited to the end of term disco remains to be seen, you rebel.


I have to admit that finding the "right house" for me was quite a challenge, since I think that I fit into 3 of them (Manatee, Monkey, and the Bee) but I've finally come down to a decision.  Here is what I think...

I am a fairly busy person.  I don't lie around all day and watch TV, spend hours on my phone, or sit on the coach eating potato chips like a blah.  My life consists of going to school, coming home for a bit, doing some HW,  working on a drawing, and going straight to soccer or track training.  So I guess you could say that I'm busy and industrious [hint hint].

When I'm in a "knitting phase" (when I have tons of time and crave knitting) I can accomplish 3- maybe 4 projects all in a single week.  If I really feel like it, I can flit from one project to the next without hesitation.  By now I'm guessing that you know where I am taking this...  I dub myself into the House of Bee!

That's all for this Knitting and Crochet Blog Week post!  I will be back tomorrow for another one!





1 comment:

  1. Wow, 3 to 4 projects in a single week is most definitely Bee-like!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcomed :)